Monday, May 12, 2014

Gluten and Dairy Free Banana Bread

Gluten and Dairy Free Banana Bread

I honestly cannot remember where I got the original recipe. It could be my mother's, it could also be off allrecipes.com, I am going to go with my mother's since I do remember asking for it years ago.
 
 
 

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups of white sugar
  • 1/2 cup of butter flavored Crisco
  • 3 blackened bananas, mashed
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups of Mama's Almond Blend Gluten Free Flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/3 cup of sour milk (I used Silk Coconut Milk with 1 tsp of vinegar - you can also use Soy, Rice or Almond milk)
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp Xanthan gum
 

Directions:

1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8x4 in. loaf pan
 
2. Combine sugar, Crisco, bananas, eggs, flour, baking soda, milk, salt, vanilla, and xanthan gum in a large mixing bowl; beat well.
 
3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment